Palmerbet Australia was established in 2013 and they offer a unique betting experience in their own right. This review will aim to look at their best features and why you could consider trying them out.
- Betting Variety4.0
- Banking Options4.0
- Mobile experience3.0
- Betting Experience4.0
- Customer Support4.0
- Betting Promotions & Features
- Competitive Betting Odds
- Sports Betting Blog
- Mobile Betting App
Palmerbet Strengths and Weaknesses
In this section, we’ll look at the major positives of betting at Palmerbet and what makes them unique. We’ll also review their weaknesses and what they need to improve on in the future.
- Betting Promotions for Members - One of the great parts about Palmerbet is there plentiful & rewarding promotions for members only. They’re always adding new and exciting promotions throughout the year. As a result, I feel this definitely improves the betting experience at this bookie.
- Betting Odds - In the betting industry, Palmerbet is one of the few bookies that don’t make a huge profit on betting odds. This helps provide their users with competitive odds.
- Blog - I found their website blog to be very helpful for people that are looking for the latest betting tips on a wide variety of sports/racing events. It was also regularly updated almost every day with new & fresh content. So this will definitely help the user make informed betting decisions based on expert advice.
- No Live Streaming - One of the downsides for me and users alike is the lack of live streaming at Palmerbet. As many bookmakers have adopted live streaming of sports or racing, they are behind the times in this area. It also means that users have to source another website if they’re wanting to watch and bet at the same time.
- No Live Betting Markets - Along with the lack of live streaming options, Palmerbet currently doesn’t offer any live betting markets. In comparison with the majority of Australian live betting sites, they are well behind the competition. There are huge benefits behind live betting for users so this is a major disadvantage for punters.
- Customer Support - I found the customer support options at Palmerbet to be fairly limited. They don’t have a live chat feature or a contact form on their contact page.
The final verdict about Palmerbet will depend on what features are important to your betting style. For example, live betting and live streaming is a major disadvantage at this bookmaker as they don’t provide these options. However, if you’re just looking for a bookmaker that will offer the basics along with regular betting promotions for members and competitive odds, then Palmerbet will be a good choice.
Palmer Bookmaking Pty Limited
|Year founded: 2013||License & regulation:|
Racing NSW and OLGR
1300 12 HELP
Sunshine Coast Falcons, Canberra Raiders, Newcastle Knights
PO BOX 1036, Cronulla NSW 2230
|Contact Information/Support: |
Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, BPAY, POLi, Bank Transfer
Same Game Multi, Same Race Multi, Mobile App, Promotions, Blog, Secure Payment Methods
iOS & Android
Grant and Andrew Palmer
Sports Betting & Racing
Palmerbet full review
Firstly, Palmerbet can be considered a traditional bookie that offers a variety of betting markets for racing and sports. As such, there are regular betting promotions for members that surrounds the biggest events in Australia. Such as the Spring Racing Carnival, Melbourne Cup, AFL Grand Final, State of Origin and more.
Since launching in Australia, Palmerbet was mainly known for its horse racing products and features. However, they have stepped up their sports coverage and features for the growing popularity in this area. Same game multi is one example that is offered at almost every bookie these days and that includes Palmerbet. They also have great odds for the latest sporting events not just in Australia but around the globe. You will find all sports available, even eSports. Their website also displays featured sporting events, which is a nice usability touch for its users. However, one of the main disadvantages at Palmerbet is the lack of live betting markets and live streaming options. So they are more of a traditional bookie in this sense.
In terms of bet types, Palmerbet doesn’t have a huge variety for racing markets as they prefer to stick with the traditional methods. However, they have adopted the same race multi-bet type for Horse Racing. Meanwhile, there is a large range of markets available on their desktop website and mobile app for the latest races in Australia and Internationally. Their website also does a good job of highlighting featured markets and upcoming races. This makes it easy for the user to navigate and get a bet on quickly.
Looking at the banking options, Palmerbet has a nice variety of instant and unique payment methods. One of the more unique options was Osko. It was also nice to see PayPal offered for instant deposits. Meanwhile, their withdrawal options were quite limited as they only offered a bank transfer option. So it would be nice to see them offer an instant withdrawal option in the future.
The customer support options at this bookmaker were what you would expect with nothing too fancy. There’s a FAQ section, a couple of phone numbers and an email address. However, they could provide extra service to their customers with a live chat feature and a contact form.
I was able to easily download the mobile app onto a mobile device and found the experience to be very simple. Using the app continued this experience as it was quick to navigate and find what I was looking for. The app also contains the same betting features and markets as the desktop website. So users won’t be limited when they switch to a mobile device, which is always nice.
Frequently asked questions about Palmerbet
How do I sign up at Palmerbet?
If you’re wondering how to sign up for a new account at Palmerbet, simply follow the instructions below.
- Click on any Palmerbet link or button on our website
- Enter your correct personal details, such as email address and phone number. Then click the continue button.
- Enter your residential address. This will confirm that you are an Australian resident.
- In the next section, enter an email address along with a secure password.
- Once this process has been completed, the account will be created.
How do I place a bet?
Now that you’ve created an account, it’s time for the fun to begin.
- Find a betting market in the racing or sports section
- Click on the odds to add the bet to your betslip
- The betslip will open in a side window with the bet placed
- Enter a betting stake in the text field below the bet
- After entering a betting stake, you can view the estimated return
- To complete the process, select Place Bet
- All pending bets will be available via the my account section.
is Palmerbet legal in Australia?
Palmerbet is 100% legit and is one of the many legal betting sites available in Australia as they have the correct policies in place. They are licenced by Racing NSW and OLGR (Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation). The bookmaker is also financially guaranteed by the NSW Bookmakers Co-operative. Meanwhile, their website and mobile app contains links to responsible gambling policies and information.
Palmerbet best sports features
In this section, we’ll look at the Palmerbet betting features and how they help users.
Palmerbet Same Game/Race Multi
Arguably one of the most popular betting features at the moment is “same game multi”. At Palmerbet, you will find same game multi’s are available for a range of sports in Australia and Internationally. These are always popular during the AFL, NRL, NFL or NBA seasons. Meanwhile, they do offer a same race multi option as well. This is generally widely available for Horse Racing, Harness and Greyhounds. Both options are available on the mobile app as well as the desktop website.
Not many bookmakers in Australia have placed a large focus on blogging but Palmerbet is one of the unique players. Their blog is regularly updated with the latest betting tips for a wide variety of sports and racing. This can include; BBL Tips, NBA Tips, NFL, AFL, NRL and Horse Racing. Every blog post comes with expert advice and suggested best bets.
Palmerbet Betting Odds
As mentioned in this review, Palmerbet doesn’t take a huge cut of profits from their betting odds. As such, this is a win-win for their users. They will get the best odds and over time, you could say that users should be in a better position compared to other bookies.
📱Palmerbet Betting App
In this section, I’ll provide a full overview of the Palmerbet app.
Firstly, the mobile app can be downloaded onto compatible iOS and Android devices. In terms of the iOS version, this is one of the oldest betting apps as it has been around for over 17 years. While using such an old app may seem like a disadvantage, the good news is that the Palmerbet team provide updates each month. This can include performance improvements, new features and bug fixes.
Usability is a key factor in choosing a mobile app to bet with. It must be quick to navigate and placing bets should be easy. In terms of the Palmerbet app, I found it was well designed for users in mind. On the homepage of the app, it was easy to find the latest racing or sports betting markets. As well as any member promotions they were running. The app also made note of any new design features, such as a tap & hold feature for race meetings that would display a popup box with quick access to every race.
In regards to betting on the app, there is a quickbet popup that allows the user to quickly place single bets. This is very useful when the race is about to jump or a sporting event is about to kickoff. You will also find all of the betting markets that are available via the desktop website as well. So this means the app doesn’t limit the user for accessing Palmerbet via a mobile phone.
Users can even set up a pin code for faster access to the app rather than entering an email address/password each time. In terms of banking options, users can select from a wide variety of payment methods such as POLi, Osko and PayPal. But similarly to the desktop website, they only provide a bank transfer option for withdrawals.
This review has looked at most areas of what Palmerbet offers and now it’s time to look at an often-overlooked but an important feature - Banking options.
Depositing funds into your account is one of the more important aspects as you’ll need to make sure it’s easy to use and they need to offer plenty of different options. Luckily, Palmerbet does a nice job in this area for depositing. At this stage, they have 4 different payment options for depositing funds. In terms of instant deposits, the user can choose between a Credit/Debit Card or POLi. Meanwhile, there’s the ability to pay via BPAY or Bank Transfer.
In terms of withdrawals, they simply offer a Bank Transfer payment option at the moment. This will transfer the funds to a nominated bank account in 2 - 5 business days. This is a fairly standard timeframe in the industry. However, some betting sites have gone the extra mile by offering instant withdrawal options such as a Bookie card or PayPal. So it would be nice to see Palmerbet offer this as well.
Palmerbet customer support
This section will aim to look at how Palmerbet offers customer support options.
Firstly, they provide users with a comprehensive help centre that aims to answer a lot of the common queries. The advantage of the help centre is that users don’t need to wait for an answer from a customer support member.
In terms of phone numbers, Palmerbet provides their customers with a 1300 support number and 1300 betting number. There’s also an option to send an email directly to the team.
On the negative side of their customer support, it would be nice to see them adopt a live chat feature. Live chatting is becoming the norm among a lot of providers, not just in the bookmaker industry. So at the moment, Palmebet is behind the competition in this area. Another relatively simple feature that’s missing is a contact form on their contact us page.
- Mybetting Australia
- Palmerbet Review